Things you need to know before getting your eyebrows tattooed on.
You may have heard about “microblading” but not sure what it is and whether you should consider it yourself? Here is some information about this procedure.
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo technique which creates hairlike strokes to fill in thinning eye brows and make them look fuller and more defined. Once done, you no longer need annoying brow pencils or powders!
Things to consider before getting Microblading:
1. It is only semi-permanent. The pigment that is used for this is much more degradable, which means your immune system will digest it with time. So over time the colour will fade.
2. Most people require 2 tattooing sessions to achieve the desired result – the first session followed by a touch up one. Everyone’s skin is different and some accept ink better than others. The second session is all about perfecting the brows and fixing hair strokes that might’ve not come out as well as they could.
3. The first session may take a while. Drawing eye brows correctly before tattooing is hugely important and you may be in the chair for an hour or two. Everyone’s face shape is different and drawing eyebrows suitable to your face depends on a number of factors.
4. Your eyebrows will not look identical. Make sure to have a realistic expectation, as no one’s face is perfect. Think about it as your eye brows are sisters, not twins!
5. It may hurt. It’s a tattoo at the end of the day. So be prepared for some discomfort, but with numbing cream it isn’t that bad.
6. Your brows will lighten up more than 50% after the first week. Don’t worry if you walk out thinking they are too dark. During the second session, you will have the opportunity to fine-tune the colour and shade.